The Great British Tennis Weekend (GBTW) is an initiative to help tennis clubs and venues attract new people from the local community to come and try out your venue. The LTA coordinates a country-wide marketing campaign to raise awareness of GBTW, particularly targeting families to try tennis for free at a GBTW event. This alongside free marketing materials provided by the LTA to help your club promote the open day locally can significantly help you to raise awareness of your tennis club in the wider community.
Reasons to run a Great British Tennis Weekend
- Take advantage of a national marketing campaign to get more people playing tennis
- Help raise awareness of your club in the local community
- Free marketing resources to help promote your GBTW open day
- Advice and guidance on how to get the most out of your GBTW open day
- Opportunities to attract new members, new people to your coaching programmes or encourage pay and play opportunities
Dates and sign-up
GBTW open days can take place at any point between May and the end of August, and venues can run as many GBTW open days as they wish. The national GBTW weekends are the 12th & 13th May and the 21st & 22nd July 2018 and the dates the LTA will focus most of their marketing and promotion.
You can sign-up online by following these simple steps:
- Go to the ClubSpark website
- Login to your ClubSpark account or register if you don’t have one
- Click Admin and go through to the Events Module
- Click Create new and select GBTW from the types of events
GBTW Resource Packs
As a GBTW venue, you will receive a promotional resource pack to help you plan, promote and run your event. This resource pack will include: a GBTW Organisers Guide and USB stick; directional signs; volunteer T-shirts; balloons; a personalised banner; personalised postcards, and personalised A4 posters. The banner, postcards and posters will be personalised based upon the information provided during the ClubSpark GBTW sign-up process. If you are planning to publish more than one GBTW open day we would encourage you to publish them at the same time, as this will enable the promotional resources to include all of the dates of your open days.
If your venue would like to order additional GBTW promotional resources, this can be done through My Tennis Toolkit.
Lots of information on how to run a successful GBTW including the Organiser Guide can be found here
Wiltshire LTA Support
Great British Tennis Weekends are a fantastic way to attract new people to your club and Wiltshire LTA will provide £75 funding to each Wiltshire club holding a GBTW event to help towards promotion, goodies and the running of your day if the below criteria is met:
- Publish your event on Clubspark
- Promote your event to the local community (leaflet drop/posters/facebook and twitter)
- Provide a Follow on offer to attendees
- Upload the attendees data after your event back to Clubspark
- Complete the GBTW – FEEDBACK FORM 2018 after your event and return to email@example.com .
Funding will be issued retrospectively on the completion and return of the attached feedback form. The deadline to return the form is 1st September 2018.